ABOUT OUR PCOS MANAGEMENT SESSIONS
Managing Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and insulin resistance
One in four women in developed countries have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Symptoms of PCOS can occur at any age and involve the whole body. They include irregular periods, infertility, acne, facial or excess body hair, larger waist lines, mood swings and sleep disorders – the underlying cause is insulin resistance.
After years of feeling alone and out of control, knowing it requires a lifelong management plan can feel overwhelming.
There are simple strategies that you can make part of your daily life to control the symptoms, help prevent the ‘full house’ syndrome and improve your overall health.
- Medication – as prescribed by your doctor to help control hormones
- Low GI eating – certain foods help manage blood glucose, reduce insulin, burn fat and control appetite
- Activity and exercise – speed up your metabolism, increase your body’s sensitivity to insulin and enhance mood and self esteem
- Wellbeing – quality sleep, support and reduced stress
Our consultations teach you about:
- eating the low GI way to suit your day,
- the what, when and how much of exercise
- coping strategies for stress and sleep disorders
Plus you can always check in if you have a question or need re-motivating.
Make an appointment today and get PCOS under control.
PCOS Management Pricing
|Health and Fitness Consultation||60 Mins||90 Mins|